Friday, November 23, 2012

Summer Intensives

Hi, everyone. Right now I can't wait for Christmas, but right after that is time to audition for summer intensives. My parents are pretty much okay with allowing me to audition, however they seem like they really won't allow me to attend any because they don't want me to be gone for 2-6 weeks this summer, because summer intensives are so expensive, and because where I would be going for them is out of state. I know that summer intensives will really improve my technique in a short period of time, will build up my ballet resume, will allow me to be seen by artistic directors and other future employers will allow me to see what ballet is like outside of my small ballet school, will allow me to become a more well-rounded dancer, will introduce me to more dance styles and styles of teaching, and will give me some really great life experiences. Right now, I have almost every summer intensive audition at a prestigious ballet school written down (which is almost everything from Kirov Academy of Ballet of Washington D.C. to Cincinnati Ballet to Boston Ballet). Now, I have to start planning out more and deciding which ones to audition for because I can't possibly audition for every one that I have written down. I guess we'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment