Saturday, April 14, 2012

My All Time Favorite Dancer: Maria Kochetkova

I love Maria Kochetkova. I think she is so beautiful and I love how her personality has such honest and kindness to it. She is an absoloutley exceptional dancer who is unbelievably talented. In her graduate year of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy she secretly prepared herself for and won the Prix de Lausanne at the age of 18 in 2002 which started her professional ballet career with English National Ballet and The Royal Ballet. Then she auditioned for the San Francisco Ballet and was offered a principal contract with the San Francisco Ballet from artistic director Helgi Tomasson, which she accepted. At only 5 feet tall, I tower Maria Kochetkova by 2 inches!!! Her arches and her calves are incredible! Just look at these pictures of her dancing. Amazing.  

           

No comments:

Post a Comment